Excellence In Geriatric Medicine
Alamar Healthcare Is The Leading Comprehensive Center For Geriatric Medicine In Ventura County
OUR HIGHLY RESPECTED INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIANS HAVE EXTENSIVE ON-GOING GERIATRIC SUB-SPECIALTY TRAINING IN GERIATRIC MEDICINE
- Due to their profession reputation, our doctors receive referrals of Senior patients from community doctors and hospitals throughout Ventura County by the hundreds annually.
- Our doctors are considered authorities in the field of geriatric medicine; Jeffrey Allan, M.D. is a graduate of UCLA School of Medicine as well as the prestigious post-residency UCLA Geriatric Fellowship is interviewed and published annually in media feature articles.
- The practice is honored to treat medical professionals who refer themselves and their families to our care.
Satisfied Seniors Seek Wellness From Our Physicians In the Medical Clinic, Hospital and Nursing Home
OUR DOCTORS CARE FOR OUR SENIOR PATIENTS IN THE OFFICE AND IN FACILITIES
- Our doctors care for their own geriatric patients in the office, as well as bedside at St. Johns Hospital in Oxnard and Pleasant Valley Hospital Camarillo, in nursing homes, assisted living homes, and rehabilitation facilities.
WE HAVE A SUB-SPECIALTY IN MEMORY DISORDERS
Our physicians are noted specialists in the field of primary care for memory disorders. Alamar Healthcare doctors evaluate a patient’s medical history, determine a patient’s ability to carry out routine tasks, and observe changes in the patient’s behavior or personality. Specialists may be called upon by our doctors to perform tests to assess memory, problem solving, attention, and language skills; they may order medical tests to check urine and blood; and possibly order brain scans (CT, MRI), Together with the patient, their family if involved, and specialists working as a team, our physicians will diagnose the patient and develop a treatment plan.
The most common memory disorder we see in younger seniors is Mild Alzheimer's dementia which is characterized by a one or more of these symptoms:
- Memory problems, getting lost, difficulty managing money, repeating questions, losing things, or taking longer to do routine tasks.
- Should these symptom become so severe as to impair an individual’s quality of work or quality of life, or if there are notable changes in behavioral health, tests are recommended to rule out Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementia disorders.
PATIENT RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE TO HEALTH PROFESSIONS 24/7 FOR ACCESS WORLDWIDE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
For your safety and security, in an emergency, Alamar Healthcare doctors have 24/7 access to your electronic health records and with your written permission we transmit when recipient technology exists, your past medical history, including medications and allergies to an outside hospital emergency room.
WE PROMOTE TRAVEL WELLNESS
For active Seniors who enjoy the many pleasures of retirement including travel, we offer travel exams, vaccinations, and medication refills to keep you in good supply while you are adventuring. We have self-help resources for you to review online remotely from your travel destination to aid you in the unlikely, but possible event, of your becoming sick while traveling.